Most people don't know their legal rights as a tenant. It's possible to win
disputes with your landlord!
The number of people leasing an apartment, condo or home in America is in the
millions. Many of these people have had some sort of dispute with their landlord
during the length of their lease. You see, at one time a tenant had virtually no
legal rights - the landlord was allowed to do just about anything he wanted to.
Times have changed. The problem is, most tenants have no idea what their legal
rights are and they're often taken advantage of. Now you can "fight back"
legally, with the help of the Tenant Legal Rights Kit. The kit explains to you
what your legal rights are as a tenant. Written by an attorney, it shows you how
to legally win disputes with your landlord and what to avoid in a lease before
you sign one.
What topics will this kit cover?
The Tenant Legal Rights Kit discusses the following
- general principals of landlord-tenant laws
- illegality of certain leases
- termination of a lease
- The Uniform Residential Landlord & Tenant Act
- unfair provisions you should avoid in leases end why
- illegal evictions
- consumer protection laws
- Legal liabilities of landlords
- typical lease forms
The kit also discusses suing your landlord over the
following is sues
- defective conditions of rented property
- defective grounds
- defects in exterior or interior steps or stairs
- ice or snow in areas used by tenants
- defects in appliances supplied to tenant
- defects in areas of buildings
- class action suits (where several tenants sue)