Washington State
Annulment, Divorce & Legal separation

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the filing fees in Washington State for a divorce, legal separation or annulment?
Title Service Provided Fee RCW/PCCO
Domestic Relations
(Dissolution, Legal Separation,
Judicial Surcharge
Victim Assessment Fee
Court Facilitator Surcharge
Total: 290.00
PCCO 2008-81

All Washington State counties charge the same filing fee of $290; however, Lincoln County charges an additional $30 for the "ex parte" signing of the final Order by the Judge.

In Washington State to have the filing fee waived you file a "Motion to Proceed in Forma Pauperis". Each court has its own documents for obtaining a waiver and therefore these forms are not included in our kits, except for our Lincoln County kits. If you believe you qualify for such a waiver you will obtain the forms at the time that you take your Petition to the court for filing. For a fee waiver in Lincoln County, see our Lincoln County FAQ.

What are the filing fees in Washington State for a parenting plan?
What are the cost of parenting classes in Washington State?
Lincoln County
What is a marital dissolution in Washington State?
What is the difference between marital dissolution and legal separation in Washington State?
May I get an annulment instead of a divorce in Washington State?
What if I reconcile with my spouse after the decree of legal separation has been ordered by a Washington State court?
How important is timing such as who files first for divorce in Washington State?
Are there any residency requirements for Washington State?
What if one spouse has never lived in Washington State?
What if I cannot find my spouse?
In which Washington State County should my divorce be filed?
How long does a Washington State divorce take?
Who decides who gets property and who pays debts?
When we divorce, will the court divide all of our property and debts 50/50?
How does the court decide what is a just and equitable division of property and debts?
What if I have a prenuptial contract or community property agreement?
I bought our car and most other property with my income, so shouldn't the court award the car and other property to me?
My spouse owned our house before our marriage, but we both paid the mortgage. Shouldn't I get part of the house?
I think we need to sell our house, but my spouse disagrees. Can the court order us to sell the house?
Is it true that I have no right to my husband's pension because he earned it?
My spouse had an affair that caused our divorce.
Since the divorce is my spouse's fault, shouldn't the court give me more of the property?
Since I'm not working right now, will the court order my spouse to pay me alimony?
Important information about marital debts.
Can't find the question you need answered!
Disclaimer: DIYD owns www.doityourselfdocuments.com . All Do It Yourself Documents' offices and stores are independently owned and separate entities. DIYD is independently owned and does not provide any services.  Furthermore, DIYD, Do It Yourself Documents, or their affiliates are not attorneys nor can they give legal advice.