To view our do-it-yourself probate kit,
After someone dies, their money and property (called the "estate") must be
distributed to their heirs. When supervised by the courts, this process is
called "probate." Probate is not always necessary, but in some situations,
probate may be required. If no real property or the value of the estate is less
than $100,000.00 in Washington State probate may not be required. Probate may
be preferable when you must pay debts, claims, or taxes, or if you anticipate
disagreement over dividing the estate.
If you are attempting to do this process on your own you should understand
probate proceedings occur in Superior Court. These proceedings are considered
"special proceedings" and are governed by the rules of court. You should look at
both the state rules and the local rules of your county. In Washington, laws
concerning probate are found in
11 of the
Revised Code of Washington (RCW).
This Probate Service is intended for use when there is no known Last Will &
Testament OR by the first named Personal Representative in
decedent's Last Will & Testament, when the decedent's Last Will & Testament:
- Is valid;
- Authorizes Noninterventive Powers;
- Waives Bond; AND when:
- all estate property will be transferred; AND
- the will will be filed at the same time as the Petition for Letters
If you are having problems viewing the questionnaire or would like to have one
mailed to you, send us an e-mail, click on the chat, or call and we will send
one free of charge.
This Probate Service includes all the basic forms for filing a simple probate.
- Case Cover Sheet for King County
- Case Cover Sheet for Pierce County
- Case Cover Sheet for Snohomish County
- Petition for Probate of Will, Letters Testamentary & Noninterventive Powers
- Order Admitting Will to Probate & Granting Letters Testamentary and
- Oath of Personal Representative
- Letters Testamentary
- Notice of Appointment of Personal Representative & Pendency of Probate
- Declaration of Mailing to Heirs and/or Beneficiaries
- Notice to Creditors
- Declaration of Mailing Notice to Creditors to DSHS
- IRS SS4 Forms
- Creditor's Claims
- Inventory and Appraisement
- Receipt of Heir or Beneficiary
- Declaration of Completion of Probate
- Sample Letter to Heirs and Beneficiaries
While completing the questionnaire in the comfort of your home, help is just a
click away for an instant chat with one of our paralegals standing by to assist
you with any questions. See hours of chat beneath the "Click Here to Chat With
US" command button located in the right column of each web page. Alternatively,
you may call us toll free at (866) 946-0325.
Download a fillable questionnaire with no obligation or payment.
You can download the trial version, which is fully functional and offers every
feature of the product for you to test-drive at the following link,
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
Download the free version of Adobe Reader
When you are ready for us to prepare your documents return your questionnaire
secure email or file
transfer. Or you may mail, fax, or drop it off at one of our offices. (888)