NFA Firearms Trust (Gun Trust) Kit

NFA Firearms Trust (Gun Trust)

Independent Paralegal Service

 To use our Independent Paralegal Service and have a paralegal create your NFA Firearms Trust for $68.95, see: NFA Firearms Trust Service.

By Paralegal Amy Wishart & Attorney Thomas A. Prediletto, Do It Yourself Documents

  • Do It Yourself Kit
  • Forms
  • Instructions and Samples
  • Downloadable
  • Available for many states
  • By Paralegal Amy Wishart & Attorney Thomas A. Prediletto
  • Do It Yourself Documents
  • List Price: $44.95
  • Our Price: $29.95
Skip Navigation Links.
12 & 20 guage silencers


The complete do-it-yourself NFA Trust (Gun Trust) kit with instructions.

Free Adobe Reader Our downloadable documents require Microsoft Word version 97 or better, Adobe Acrobat, or the free version of Adobe Reader. Download the free version of Adobe Reader here.

If you would like us to link to your comments, send us an email.

One of every ten kits or services sold is to a law firm.

One of the best offers on the internet. Do your homework and see if you do not agree.


  • NFA Trust
  • Exhibit A to NFA Trust
  • Certification of NFA Trust
  • Letter to Bank to Open Checking Account in name of NFA Trust
  • Appointment of Co-Trustee
  • Acceptance of Co-Trustee
  • Instructions for Distribution of Trust Property (Gun) at time of death


This is the main document and it (along with the Certificate) must be signed by you and then acknowledged by a Notary Public. Subparagraph (1) of Paragraph 6.C. gives you the right to designate on a separate instruction form (see below) items of the trust (i.e., a specific firearm or firearms) to be distributed to designated individuals (assuming they are not a "prohibited person"). Any firearms not specifically left to a designated person can be held in the trust and/or sold by the successor Trustee (the proceeds of any sales are added to the remainder of the Trust); when the trust no longer owns any restricted firearms the trust is distributed to the remainder beneficiaries as set out in subparagraphs (2) and (3) of Paragraph 6.C.


To exist, a trust must have a "corpus"(i.e., the "body"), so it is necessary to initially fund the trust and then additional assets (e.g., the firearms) can be transferred to an existing trust. The default funding amount is $10; however, since this amount will be used to open the trust checking account, if you wish to initially open the account with a greater sum, simply change the amount on the Schedule "A" to the correct amount. You should sign concurrently with the signing of the trust.

Available for the following states
National Firearms Act Handbook
Geographic Distribution of NFA Applications for Processing by ATF
View a sample NFA Firearms Trust

Downloadable Do-It-Yourself Estate Planning Forms & Kits 

Estate Planning. To insure who inherits your estate after you pass away you need to have completed your estate planning. If you do not, then you have no say as to who inherits your assets after your death. Complete estate planning includes a power of attorney for finances, healthcare, a living will (healthcare directive) as well as a last will & testament. Many people that have real property choose a revocable trust to prevent probate of an estate. A trust also includes powers of attorney, living wills, burial instructions, HIPAA waiver and much more.

By having powers of attorney done you know that the people you want will be making financial and healthcare decisions for you when you are not able and by having a will or trust done your estate will be distributed to those that you want it to be distributed to.

Probate. After someone dies, their estate (assets) are distributed to their heirs, whether they have a will or not. This court process is called "probate."

Probate may not always be necessary, as it depends on the value of the assets and they type of assets. In some instances, probate may be preferable when there are debts to be paid or if you think, there might be a dispute over the division of the estate by any of the heirs. Removing the deceased person's name from a real property deed (home) most always requires probate unless the property has been transferred into a trust prior to death.

Disclaimer: DIYD owns  as well as the "Do It Yourself Documents" trademark. All Do It Yourself Documents' offices and stores are independently owned and separate entities. DIYD is independently owned and does not provide any services.  Furthermore, DIYD, Do It Yourself Documents, or their affiliates are not attorneys nor can they give legal advice.